Friday, January 13, 2017

calm & bright


"This is the beginning" I said to myself on Winter Solstice. Even though the moon was waning and it was cold and dark outside, there was such a strong sense of beginning anew. So for me that was the beginning of the new year. Inside myself, it felt calm and bright.

Every few months over the last year I've been making oracle cards for myself. The last card of 2016 for Winter Solstice was "calm and bright." Each card was incubated -- it was dreamed up, thought/written about and meditated on. Finally a simple image was found and glued onto a card from an old unused deck with words that indicated the spirit of the card. I'm going to continue this project in 2017 and also create a simple guide for the card meanings before I forget what I was thinking at the time. 

A dresser in the sewing room is literally stuffed with cloth but the top is clean and spare which feels really nice. The January calendar moon cloth was made as part of a sewing ritual a few years ago and I found the honeycomb canisters and the arrow in Target's dollar spot. The mouth-blown glass ornament and the lovely beaded crane were Yule gifts. 

Yesterday on the full moon, the pink hyacinth opened up. I am reminded by Hyacinth to open my heart chakra to let the light in. I've been thinking about something I read recently, derived from Alice A. Bailey, about how the full moon itself has no influence on the flow of love and light but rather indicates a free and unimpeded alignment between Earth and the Sun. The Sun being our center, energy source, and center of life and intelligence is now approachable to connect with the energies of love and light...that humanity has always intuitively known to consciously cooperate with the flow of energies. 

Sunpower will be one of my cards in 2017. 

And happy weekending to you, thanks for coming by. xx

16 comments:

  1. ok.... I'm finding your cards really intriguing. I love that you made your own set, and wondering how you will use them. I've a little idea along the same lines that I've put on hold, but feel a bit inspired from your post to begin! Love looking at all your things. So pretty, calm, and and inspirational!

    xo
    dulcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dulcy. Your cards are lovely to the eye, as is your space. I'd love to come play...or just sit for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cards are absolutely gorgeous! What a great idea to make your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea of th cards. Plus calm and bright what an inspiring mantra for these chaotic times. I have been working on the 3rd chakra and finding my voice. Making cards is a path towards healing that chakra. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely thoughts/ideas on which to ponder...

    My pondering has been interrupted, because of health issues. -sigh- It feels as if I am in a deep trough, and stuck. But it will pass... At least, the "stuck-ness" has to. :-)

    Thank you for your comment...

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an interesting twist on daily journaling Peggy and your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to hear more about your cards, and to come sit at your table and learn a thing or three.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dulcy, thank you -- and oh yes, you should follow your inspiration and see where it takes you! I use different decks in various ways for any occasion. Daily, moonthly, yearly for answers, inspiration, understanding, surprises. I see it as communicating with myself/higher self/spirit/source. I write the information down -- the date, what's going on, the card(s) I draw with the abbreviated meaning, then refer back to it for a time for guidance and also to see how it all plays out. This deck is still so small with only 9 cards, after this coming year it will feel like it has a greater reach....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy, thanks, you would be most welcome and maybe then I'd get the rest of the room cleaned up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elderberry, thank you -- it's been a pretty meaningful experience so far. Plus I have nobody to please except me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cindy, you're on to something there, this kind of project does give voice to oneself -- very much so. I'm thinking about a general focus for my cards this coming year and it may be chakra-based. Still mulling it over...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luna Crone, thank you. And whatever you're going through, Dear Heart, I'm wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lyn, thank you and I like your idea of the card being a kind of journaling...hmmm...that makes me wonder...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel, oh yes, I'd like that...and you could teach me a thing or three, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a refreshing look for your sewing space..."clean and spare." I like it...a lot! Just as I do your oracle cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary, thanks -- hope I can keep more parts of the house AND my life "clean and spare"...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete