Wednesday, April 6, 2016

egg spell



An egg spell. During the dark moon I wrote my deepest desires on the egg and tomorrow on the new moon I will plant it in the earth. To mark the spot and nurture growth, I will plant pansies over the egg. I realize that everything I desire, I likely already have. But a simple ritual awakens and stirs a part of my being in a way like no other. I call it magic.


Knitting is like growing cloth. I've been growing dishcloths.


And planting a few pansies in a mossy basket.



And planting potatoes in a periwinkle potato bag for the first time.

I love this writing by Wendell Berry, a gift for you today. xx

Sowing the seed, my hand is one with the earth.
Wanting the seed to grow, my mind is one with the light.
Hoeing the crop, my hands are one with the rain.
Having cared for the plants, my mind is one with the air.
Hungry and trusting, my mind is one with the earth.
Eating the fruit, my body is one with the earth.
                                                               ~Wendell Berry


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the gift of Mr Berry's words.
    Wishing you,
    peace~love~joy
    Birdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiments in those words and I hope your wishes flourish beneath the earth and waft up and out and around you and yours
    :)
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a gardener, I so appreciate the words of Mr. Berry. I wish I could knit and grow cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love WB, but I must confess, at first read I read "crop" as 'crap' at first. I've been having trouble with my eyes! lol Your egg is priceless, it should be framed. Pansies always remind me of my Mama, they were one of her favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm writing on an egg as soon as I post this. Tonight I will dream where to plant it since I no longer have a garden. I just LOVE YOU! Let us all be one together.

    ReplyDelete